Department: Home Modification Program
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
Report to: Program Manager
Location: Birmingham, Alabama office
Date Job Posted: October 11, 2021
Closing Date: Until position is filled.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Be self-starter, quick learner, well-organized, and detailed oriented.
Have experience with Word and Excel.
Have high school diploma or equivalent.
Have excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
Be able to handle multiple-priorities.
Be able to work independently.
Have two years of experience in an office environment managing a high volume of sensitive documentation.
Be willing to learn and embrace independent living philosophy.
Knowledge of HUD or City of Birmingham programs helpful.
- Provide information about the program to potential consumers and referral sources.
- Send by mail or email application package to potential consumers.
- Conduct initial intake interviews by telephone.
- Enter intake information into DRR’s Management Information System.
- Set up and maintain consumer files.
- Obtain documentation from consumer to determine eligibility. Place documentation in consumer file. Determine if required information has been submitted. Request additional information if necessary.
- Conduct initial determination of eligibility to include age, disability, residence, and income.
- Inform Program Manager when initial eligibility has been established. The Program Manager shall determine final eligibility.
- Once final eligibility has been established, notify the consumer by phone, email, or USPS.
- Conduct consumer follow-up at 90 days and 365 days following completion of services.
- Enter consumer goal attainment in DRR’s Management Information System (MIS).
- Coordinate communication and scheduling among staff, consumers, consultants, and other stakeholders in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Upload required documents to bill.com through DRR platform upon receipt of contractor invoice.
- Release checks to contractors upon receipt of invoice.
- Compile information for regular reports to funders.
- Provide referral information to the Occupational Therapist who will arrange the home assessment (specific to HUD Home Mod program).
- Other duties as required by supervisor.