No Kid Hungry – ALL children in Alabama 18 and younger can receive two FREE healthy meals each day until school reopens through #BreakForAPlate. Text “FOOD” to 877-877 for locations.
Community Kitchens Both locations open. St Andrews (12th St S) and Grace Episcopal (1st Ave N). 205-251-3569.
Foundry Ministries Offering emergency food bags. All other services suspended for now. 334-242-1773
Meals on Wheels Still delivering as normal. 205-592-0413.
Serving You Ministries Open for curbside pickup by 66th St door for food (temporary suspension of utility resources) Open Times are listed on webpage and Facebook. Or call 205-777-3653.
Asbury UMC Food Pantry Open for Curbside pickup from 2:00-3:30pm on Wednesdays. 205-995-1700
Birmingham Food Pick-Up Locations For Students Meals, which include breakfast and lunch, are free of charge and available for students 18 years and under.
Walker County Community Food Resources:
- Christian’s Place Mission – Nauvoo – 205-410-7029 – Monthly food distribution, 3rd Saturday of the month 10-12, curbside
- Walker County Law Enforcement Agency – deliver for those with COVID-19
- Dilworth Church of God – Empire – 205-648-6327 – Monthly food distribution, 4th Saturday of the month, 9-12, curbside
- Mission of Hope – Dora – 205-647-4766 – Monthly food distribution, 4th Saturday of the month, 8-10, curbside
- M. Vernon Baptist – Jasper – 205-387-8251 – Monthly food distribution, 3rd Saturday of the month, 10-12, curbside
Heidi’s Kids – 205-957-5500 – Heidi’s Kids is now offering a free grocery shopping service to the elderly and individuals with disabilities. We are currently offering these services in areas where we have volunteers available. Chelsea, Columbiana, Trussville, Argo, Springville, Harpersville, Vincent, Westover, Sterrett, Moody, Hoover, Pelham, Montevallo, Veatavia, Homewood, Leeds, Calera, Clay, Mountain Brook and Irondale.
If you or a high risk family member are in need of this service please contact Heidi’s Kids .
Food & Nutrition Service Actions related to COVID-19 (includes information for children and adults)